At the Couples Clinic, we are Taking COVID 19 Coronavirus Precautions Seriously
Here’s what we’re doing (subject to change as COVID conditions evolve):
- We are currently offering remote video-sessions that can enable you to start and/or continue your therapy without coming to the Couples Clinic.
- Teletherapy sessions (remote video sessions on your computer or phone) provide a safe, alternative option to help build and maintain your therapeutic momentum during these times of social caution. Teletherapy sessions are conducted on a HIPPA compliant video platform, and thus far have been covered by ALL INSURANCE COMPANIES in the same way that they covered in-person sessions. With just one click of the mouse or one touch on your phone, you can do remote live video sessions with your therapist from home.
2. For those of you who choose in-person therapy sessions, rest assured. We have made the Couples Clinic one of the safest places you can be outside of your home. Our safeguards include:
- Sanitizing our rooms, bathrooms, door handles, etc. multiple times per day.
- Maintaining the 6’ recommended social distance with clients. (We like you, but we won’t be shaking your hand for a while!)
- Washing hands and/or sanitizing before and after each session.
- If you prefer to wait in your car until session starts, our therapists can call or text you when session is ready to start.
You may be experiencing heightened levels of anxiety as a result of COVID-19
Here are some things that you can do to help:
- Continue your therapy (with video sessions if needed).
- Take breaks from the news. It can be overwhelming!
- Try mindfulness exercises. We recommend exercises created by Professor Mark Williams and Dr. Danny Penman. Here is a link to their self guided meditations.
- Eat healthy, exercise, and get plenty of sleep.
- Get creative, especially if you’re stuck at home. Start or get back to an unfinished project. Or engage in other activities you enjoy.
- If you need help, reach out to people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling. Don’t hesitate for call 911 if necessary.
The Couples Clinic