- reduces stress, anxiety and depression.
- decreases rates of illness.
- reduces chronic pain.
- increases positive emotions and empathy.
- decreases negative rumination.
- improves memory, concentration and attention control.
- increases enjoyment of simple pleasures.
- increases ability to calm upset feelings.
- increases ability to react skillfully in stressful or emotionally-charged situations.
At the Couples Clinic, our therapists will coach you in implementing daily mindfulness practices that have been shown to help the nervous system function better. Just as physical strength training helps strengthen the body, mindfulness training helps strengthen the mind.
Click here for a questionnaire that will help you determine if mindfulness training is right for you.
Click here for information about why mindfulness training has received so much attention in the past decade.
Click here for information about how mindfulness training works.
Click here for information about scientific research on mindfulness and relationships.
Click here for articles and videos about mindfulness